Members of the National Industrial Transportation League (NITL) elected Mary Pileggi their new chairman on January 31 during the association’s annual business meeting.
Pileggi is sourcing and logistics manager for the fluoroproducts business of the Chemours Company, an independent, publicly held company formed in 2015 from the separation of the performance chemical businesses of DuPont. She manages global raw material purchasing and logistics interactions supporting the fluoropolymers and fluorochemical businesses of Chemours. She has more than 30 years of experience in logistics and previously worked for DuPont and for Consolidated Rail Corporation (Conrail).
Pileggi was elected chair of NITL at the association’s 2017 Transportation Summit in San Diego. The Summit brought together more than 150 leaders from highway, rail, and maritime freight transportation to discuss the challenges facing the transportation industry as well as issues around energy, the multi-generational workforce, and leadership.
In addition to Pileggi, NITL members elected the following professionals to the League’s Board of Directors:
- Randy Brown (First Vice Chairman), Cargill
- Thomas Jensen (Second Vice Chairman), UPS
- Bruce Ridley (Third Vice Chairman), Packaging Corporation of America
- Michael Regan (Treasurer), TranzAct Technologies
- Erik Bohn, OMYA, Inc.
- Gary Burns, LyondellBasel Industries
- Sandra Dearden, Highroad Consulting
- Matt Ehlinger, NCH Corporation
- Robert Kemp, DRT Transportation
- Richard Kloster, AllTranstek
- Doug Kratzberg, ExxonMobil Chemical
- Travis Krous, Nestle Purina Petcare
- Chip Lidicker, CF Industries Sales
- Todd Lindhorst, Jones-Hamilton Company
- Bill Lovick, Georgia-Pacific
- Meredith Neizer, Armada
- Thomas Pellington, David J. Joseph Company
- Don Pisano, Green Coffee Association
- Curt Warfel, AkzoNobel Sourcing
- Rick Webb, Watco Companies
The 2017 chairs of NITL’s modal committees are as follows:
- Highway Transportation Committee: Jeff Tucker, Tucker Company Worldwide
- Ocean Transportation Committee: Julie Alsup, International Paper
- Rail Transportation Committee: Frank De Castro, Solvay Chemicals